-->

iklan banner

Learning Task 1 M6 La2(Module 6 Learning Activity2) Getting To Know Application Letters



Read three examples of Application Letters. Then answer the questions in Task 1.
TEXT 1
Anna (Thi) Pan
987 Lewis St. Charlottesville VA 22904 annapan@virginia.edu | 434-983-0000

April 22, 2015

Remi Monoco, Executive Assistant
The Metropolitan Waterfront Alliance
457 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10022

Dear Mr. Monoco:
I am applying for the position of Office Associate with the Metropolitan Waterfront Alliance (MWA) based on therecommendation of a mutual friend, Kim Power. I will graduate in May 2016 from the University of Virginia(U.Va.)  with a Bachelor of Urban and Environmental Planning, a Bachelor of Arts in French and a minor inArchitecture.  I will be moving to New York City soon and see this position as the ideal opportunity to contributethe skills I have gained from my professional experience, academic studies, and diverse background. I share thebelief with MWA that waterfront areas should be accessible for all, and I am strongly motivated to make the NewYork and New Jersey shores a pleasant place to live, work and play.
My organizational and communication skills are well demonstrated in my work experiences in nonprofit, corporateand student organization settings. Currently, I intern with Piedmont Council of the Arts which shares similarresponsibilities to the position at MWA. During my internship, I provide administrative support, focusing on maintaining a contact database of local artists, creating a new filing system for the council and constructing e-mailcampaigns.  I have also interned at KPMG Audit Form, a corporate environment where attention to detail wasessential when managing client files and proofreading financial statements.  In addition, I handled event logisticsand publicized events when I served as publicity chair of the Taiwanese Student Association at U.Va. I haveacquired a sophisticated understanding of urban affairs through my studies. My coursework included siteassessment and data collection, application of planning regulations, and   the development of recommendations in order to create neighborhood master plan and transportation plan. Originally from Taiwan, my residence inGermany, France and the United States, as  well as  my extensive travel  experience have fostered an ease in working with people from diverse backgrounds.
Kim  Power  is  sending  you  a letter  in  regards  to  my qualifications  and  I look forward  to discussing mycandidacy for this  position  with  you  as  well. Thank you for your time and thoughtful consideration. I hope tohear back from you soon.
Respectfully,

Anna (Thi) Pan 

TEXT 2
Patria Camp
290 Colonnade Dr. Apt 25
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903
895-987-6321 or pcamp@virginia.edu

March 25, 2015

Ms. Ann Nawaz
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, S.W. (FB-6, Room 7E230) Washington, DC 20202

Dear Ms. Nawaz:
My experiences and status as a third-year at the University of Virginia make me an ideal candidate for the summer internship program with the U.S. Department of Education, which I learned about at the Government and NonprofitCareer Expo in D.C. last month. Your agency is known for working to ensure equal access to education for everychild and promoting educational excellence throughout the nation.  I know that with my background and interest in helping youth, I am a good fit for your organization.
My volunteer work throughout college has confirmed my interest in and dedication to childhood education. Byvolunteering at Wesley Daycare in Charlottesville, Virginia, I learned a lot about child development by caring forchildren ranging from three months to three years old. During my time at Wesley, I had the opportunity to observestudent and teacher roles and a variety of teaching techniques. Later, these skills became important when Ivolunteered with the Migrant Aid program and had the opportunity to tutor two high school students.  I now lookforward to serving as an advocate for youth education by working in your After-School Programs Division.
I am prepared for this administrative role as a result of my position as an intern at the Weldon Cooper Center for Public Service last summer.  There, I coordinated internship placements for over 200 students in the Charlottesvillecommunity.  More specifically, I collected and organized applications, corresponded with students and sponsors viaemail and phone, maintained an updated Excel database of all internship sites and sponsor contacts, and created orientation packets.  I have honed the organizational and time- management skills necessary to be a successful internwith the Department of Education.
Thank you for reviewing my application.  Should you have any questions, you may reach me using the contactinformation listed above.

Best regards, 


Patrice Camp
TEXT 3
Wilson Easton Huffman
983 Culbreth Rd. Charlottesville, VA 22903

January 25, 2015

Hiring Manager
Garvey, Schubert & Barer
123 14th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90064

Dear Hiring Manager:
Please accept this letter and the attached resume as an indication of my sincere interest in the open legal assistant position at Garvey, Schubert & Barer that I found on CAVLink, the University of Virginia’s job database.  Igraduated in December 2014 with a degree in History and Sociology and would like to gain experience in the legal field before applying to law school. While reviewing your website, I was pleased to see that your firm operates in awide variety of spheres. The areas of your practice to which I am particularly attracted are the Environment &Natural Resources and Land Use & Condemnation sectors.

Throughout my college career, the courses I found most interesting were those revolving around subjects such as law, business, and land use.  After taking a course in Land, Law and The Environment, my professor took me onas an intern to work at the University’s Institute for Environmental Negotiations. My internship included reading reports, analyzing data, conducting active research contacting persons of interest to arrange interviews, and giving reports of my findings.  From my coursework and professional experiences, I have developed the researching,analytical thinking and writing skills necessary to be a successful legal assistant. In addition, I am aware of thelong hours and hard work that is required of the role.  I am ready to dedicate myself to Garvey, Schubert & Barer in much the same way that I committed myself to being a varsity athlete. As a member of the swim team, Idevoted up to 30 hours a week to practices, travel and competition while maintaining a full course load.
I am eager to learn from the many successful lawyers at Garvey, Schubert & Barer holding high peer reviewratings in accordance with Martindale-Hubbell Legal Network.  I hope that you will afford me the opportunity to become a member of your team.

Thank you for your time and consideration.  I can be reached via phone (865-987-2222) or email(whuffman@gmail.com).

Sincerely
Wilson Huffman



Task 1
Answer the questions by providing evidence (expression, phrase, and sentence) to support your answer

Questions
Application Letter 1
Application Letter 2
Application Letter 3
1.      What is the writer’s tone in each of the application letters?
The tone of the letter is formal and superior
The tone of the letter is formal and confident.
The tone of the letter is formal and confident.
2.      What benefits the employer get for reading these application letters?

After reading these application letters, the employers can make decision easily regarding to the recruitment in his/her company because the candidates sent their qualifications.
3.      Which of the application letters has the strong effect for the employers? Provide arguments for your answer.
I think the first application letter that sent by Anna (Thi) Pan has strong effect for the employer. She is recommended by Kim Power. I think Kim Power is someone who has good record in that company. He is going to send letter to the company regarding to Anna’s qualification.



Sumber http://berita-english.blogspot.com

Berlangganan update artikel terbaru via email:

0 Response to "Learning Task 1 M6 La2(Module 6 Learning Activity2) Getting To Know Application Letters"

Posting Komentar

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel